Thursday, June 4, 2009

Video #2: Being a franco playing in english

Hi,

so second week running by... No news from the 'united for Peace' people BUT making contacts with great groups here in Montreal, like Indyish! I know them from a previous project collaboration (my company DOC. THEATRE and Remember Griffintown). They organize 'engaged events' here and I believe it usually is quite a young crowd. So I'm happy -of course everyone should come to the play-, but I've noticed that people of my age (+- 25 years old) generally do not know theatre that well. I'm thrilled to have the chance to maybe make more connections with them, and you, and all! Not because I think we should promote the container of our art and expression, but because the content is brought through this container. The content is rich. And what's amazing about the 'theatre container', is that it's live- people sweat near you, you almost feel their breath if you're close enough. You see them crying and laughing and trying to figure out life, right in front of you. When it's good theatre, there is something to it that reminds me of a trip, you grow without knowing it. You confront tides and tempests. You become stronger. And then it dies, I like that it dies; what's left is inside.

On these words, let's get back to our new video embracing the beauty and challenges of being part of (at least)two cultures. Karim speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment